Welcome ,
CA Realty School Portal
Pandemic Testing.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of TatianaTatiana
    Participant

Any one else scheduled to to take your exam during the pandemic?

I know all exams have been cancelled until May 16th. I’m scheduled a couple of days after the cut off.

Profile photo of daviddavid
    Participant

This is a total joke. I scheduled my exam in March and they cancelled it. Then I rescheduled for April and they also cancelled it. They just cancelled my May 20 date as well. When I went to reschedule, the earliest date they had was July 21st. Not only do I have to wait 2 more months to take this test, but they charged me $15.00 to schedule. It is not my fault that these exams have been cancelled. Why do I have to pay to reschedule? There are examinations going on in other states during this pandemic. There is no reason why they can’t allow examinees to take the test in Ca. while social distancing.

Profile photo of AlfonsoAlfonso
    Participant

Is there an official date to open up testing?

Profile photo of Leonard ValesLeonard Vales
    Participant

Testing centers are now open. Although limited to just 20 people. I just took my exam today June 1st at the La Palma (LA County) testing center.

Profile photo of GEOVANNYGEOVANNY
    Participant

Thank you for the heads up

Profile photo of DavidDavid
    Participant

Also try Fresno if you’re willing to drive looks like they have a lot of options

Profile photo of DanaDana
    Participant

Hey Leonard,
    How did the test go for you? Can you please share details of what we can expect?
    Thanks so much!

Profile photo of Leonard ValesLeonard Vales
    Participant

Hi Dana,
    I took the exam on June 1st, and I was elated to find out that I passed the exam. Although I had a bit of nervousness and anxiety prior to taking the exam, I was able to calm myself down and in turn focus on carefully reading and answering all 150 questions. It took me about 2 1/2 hours of the allotted 3 hours to answer all the questions then reviewing my answers and finally clicking that “finish” button.

I can confidently say that ALL the materials provided here at CA Realty Training are tremendously helpful in preparing for the exam and successfully passing it. I’m sure with all the materials provided here, the Crash Course will be beneficial in preparation for the exam, however, I was able to pass the State Exam (1st try) by just studying the “Questions by Category” section as well as taking the “State Exam Practice Test” over and over again. As I studied, I made it a point to go through each question and answer carefully just so that I can get a visual of what the data/content will look like before taking the exam. I think the most important thing to remember is that preparation is key to passing the exam.

As far as the details of the exam, several of the questions that I encountered during my exam were similar to the material found in the “State Exam Practice Test” and “Questions by Category” section. However, please do not misunderstand this as in you can just simply memorize the practice questions and answers and expect that the same questions will appear on the State Exam. This will not be the case. It is extremely important to know (memorize) the vocabulary and understand (comprehend) the concepts. There were also some questions on the State Exam that were unfamiliar to me and some even tricky. However, as long as you take the time and make the effort to study, when you come across these questions, you are able to analyze these questions and eliminate the obvious wrong answers and make the “educated guess” which will likely to be the correct answer based on your knowledge and experience through preparation. In the exam room, you are given a small dry erase board/marker as well as a simple calculator. For my test, I could remember having only 1 math question. It had to do something with the value of a property and discount points and percentages. (Had no idea how to solve it and I just completely guessed). So I never had to use the calculator.

Here is a list of Acronyms that helped me while studying.
    M.A.R.I.A (Fixtures)
    P.E.T.E (Government Powers)
    S.T.U.D (Value)
    T.T.I.P (Joint Tenancy)
    U.P.T.E.E (Bundle of Rights)
    Co.Ca. Co.La (Elements of a Valid Contract)
    (COnsent, CApacity, COnsideration, and LAwful Object

I hope that this feedback helps as you prepare to take the State Exam. Best of luck to you Dana.

Profile photo of MatthewMatthew
    Participant

Can anyone tell me how long your three certificates are good for.

Profile photo of Operations ManagerOperations Manager
    Keymaster

Hi Matthew,

Certificates are valid for a couple years or until the DRE makes a change in policies or guidelines.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.